dsr.admin error creating DR elements -1

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

asaf_arbely
Premium Member
Premium Member

dsr.admin error creating DR elements -1

Post by asaf_arbely »

Hi,

We are installing the IIS suite on a WIN2003 server, while using an Oracle instance as the MetaData repository.

After installation, the project that should have been created does not exist. When we try to create a new project (via administrator) we get an error : " dsr.admin error creating DR elements -1 ".

Same version was installed on the same host using the bundeled DB2 and was working fine.

can you advise please?

Best regards
Asaf
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

we also had a problem when using MSSQL Server 2005 as Metadata Server, but it is working fine with DB2 as metadata server. I hope may be it is because of licensing problems, Not Sure about it.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What version of Oracle?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
asaf_arbely
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asaf_arbely »

We are working with Oracle 10.2.0.1
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You should probably open a case with your official Support provider as there isn't a ton of 8.x experience here yet. I just wanted to make sure you were using 10gR2 as that seems to be the supported Oracle release and the only one that stands a chance of working, from what I've read here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
asaf_arbely
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asaf_arbely »

ok... I'm glad to announce that problem resolved - some required Oracle components (JVM and Enterprise Manager Repository) were not installed.

Please note (for future reference) that one may get this error message when trying to create a project with a name that was already used during a prior failed creation attempt
asaf_arbely
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asaf_arbely »

One more case where you may encounter this error message - when the Oracle instance is out of space... The size figures given by IBM are too small - the DB got out of space after ~10 dataStage projects.