Login screen hangs forever

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

VCInDSX
Premium Member
Premium Member

Login screen hangs forever

Post by VCInDSX »

Hi,
Our Datastage Server V8.0 on Windows has suddenly got into a mode where it does not get past the login screen. I tried the Designer, Director, Admin and all of them hang while trying to connect/authenticate.
This is a newly installed server that was working for a couple of weeks before it ran into this state.
Has anyone run into this before? Your ideas to troubleshoot will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time
-V
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are all the servers running, and not paused? Is this the login to the deployment domain or to DataStage? What does your support provider suggest?

Since it was working before and isn't now, what has changed? "Nothing" is not the correct answer, though the thing that has changed is not necessarily anywhere within IBM Information Server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
VCInDSX
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by VCInDSX »

Ray,
You are correct.
A few things were done to this server, we have found. A new version of .NET was installed and also a Domain was added for some other team (shared machine).
Not sure how any of those might have impacted the working system. So, IBM support is trying to troubleshoot as well.

I will update the group once a resolution is reached.

I am sure, people might have run into similar issues and wanted to see if there might be usual suspects.

Thanks again for your time,
-V
VCInDSX
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by VCInDSX »

VCInDSX wrote: I will update the group once a resolution is reached.
Hi Ray & Group,
Here is an update. After eliminating various other reasons, IBM suggested rolling back the server to a state before the changes were made (Addition of a Domain to this box). The Server suite started working.

IBM Support is working on a permanent fix/patch to handle such cases and we are yet to get an update on that yet. Case Ref# 513698

I will update the group when I get further information from support.

Thanks,
-V