libraries available

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mathewb
Premium Member
Premium Member

libraries available

Post by mathewb »

I am looking from all the custom libraries which is currently available. I need to get an idea how the tool can be enhanced and how much people have achieved in this area. i am not able to find any place in this site where I could refer to libraries and custom codes. Is all this a part of future enhancement to this site or is it currently available???

Thanks
mathewb
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's a very vague question you've asked! There is a "programming" chapter in each of the Developer's Guides, but beyond that there doesn't appear to be much apart from what you can learn by looking in bin and lib directories.

This site is more geared to specific questions such as "is there a way to do xyz?", rather than to serve as a substitute for vendor/support documentation or for vendor's training. (That said, stay alert for news of the DSXchange Learning Centre, currently in a "coming soon" box on the home page.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mathewb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mathewb »

Hi Ray

I was not aware of the programming chapter of the documentation. I will go through that but I was searching for some samples which you guys have done..real time scenarios...Any code which is available in this side which some one has posted earlier.
Regarding the Learning center, how soon are we expecting it to be live. Any idea on that??

mathew
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Matthew, by 'libraries' do you just mean custom routines or other code of that nature? Rather than any 'lib' files literally, I mean.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mathewb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mathewb »

I was thinking of 'lib' files. Has anyone done any changes to this and enhanced the tool..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I seriously doubt it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Au contraire, mon ami!

Every Build stage that you create in a parallel job is customization, and may (depending on your selection) create a new library. So the capacity to do so easily is built into the product.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.