IBM information server-Installtion failure

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reddy.vinod
Participant

IBM information server-Installtion failure

Post by reddy.vinod »

I got a licence CD for IBM information server while i am installing it for "InfoSvr_FedSvr_v8.0.1_WinSvr2003_EN.zip" i got an error after 39% installation:

IBM information Server-Install Shield Wizard
Configuring IBM Websphare profile
"Installing product licence"

I have windows 2003 server as OS,4 CPU,80 GB free space,only oracle 10g release 2 pre installed.I have tried it several times.And there are no hardware lock also.

Please help me for its possible solution.
VINOD
ds_is_fun
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_is_fun »

Does Windows have all patches installed as reqd. for IS installation?
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Try installing one layer at a time - repository followed by domain followed by server. That gives you a much shorter install and rollback and it may reduce the chance of failure. If it failed during install of product license it could be the repository and domain both worked (giving you a working metadata server) but that the federation server install failed.
reddy.vinod
Participant

help regarding installing Domain layer of IBM information se

Post by reddy.vinod »

vmcburney wrote:Try installing one layer at a time - repository followed by domain followed by server. That gives you a much shorter install and rollback and it may reduce the chance of failure. If it failed during ...
I have tried with layer by layer installation.But after metadata repository while we installing the domain layer i got the similar problem.for 2 days machine stopped in product licencing screen after 50% installation.I have created a oracle 10g R2 metadata that is fine.the licence XML is ok and machine have 4 CPU each 3ghz and 3 GB ram with arround 100GB space.

Please suggest what to do next.
VINOD
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Get your support provider to earn some of their maintenance money.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.