i want to lock the table from the datasatage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaydev
Participant

i want to lock the table from the datasatage

Post by vijaydev »

We have a requirement like we have to update a flag before and after running our sequences

Eg. The table structures is

SeqNo TableName Result

1 P1 50 ( If the result is 50 we will start our jobs and the run time we will update this table is 10 at that time other dependency jobs wont run)

2 P1 10 ( at the time of running)

3 P1 20 (after finishing we will update as 20) its

our requirement in this table seqno is primary key , its working for fine if only one sequence is running, we are facing the problem when we are running the two sequence at the same time its get the same max sequence number and try to put duplicate seqno. While picking the max sequence number I want to lock the table
Vijay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why? It's not necessary. All you need to do is lock the record containing the flag and this will happen as part of normal transaction processing.

Also you didn't mention which database - techiques vary for different databases.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.