Stored Procedure reporting parameter problems !

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

BIuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Stored Procedure reporting parameter problems !

Post by BIuser »

Can someone perhaps tell me what this error means:

Stored_Procedure_0,0: Resource bundle corresponding to message key DSTAGE-TODC-00017 not found! Check that DSHOME or APT_RESPATH is set.

I am using a stored procedure stage (ODBC link) with NO PARAMETERS and yet the job keeps telling me that the my stored procedure has the wrong number of arguments when the call is made to the stored procedurel.

I've searched all helpfiles and nothing is listed for the error I've given above.

Please assist!!!
-------------------------
https://www.ssa.co.za
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Database? Is the stage generating the 'Syntax' to call the procedure or are you?

I've had problems using Oracle stored procedures with no parameters as you need at least one column on the triggering link and then it gets upset if you don't bind that column into the call. So, I've added a 'dummy' IN parameter which the sproc ignores but which keeps the stage happy. FYI.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This message is indicating that the named key has not been found in the resource table. In version 7 this is a hashed file called DS_RESENU, DS_REDJPN, etc. I do not know what it is called in version 8 - you will need to ask your support provider to solve this one - IBM may have shipped the resource table without this particular key. I think "resource bundle" means "record delivered by service".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.