How datastage works

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsdeveloper123
Participant

How datastage works

Post by dsdeveloper123 »

Hi all,

I have a basic question. I want to know how datastage exactly works, like its architecture? How each stage is treated? How each row is handled in different stages?? It would be helpful if anyone could suggest some documents regarding the same.

Thanks in advance
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you have DataStage installed, you will have all the relevant documents in PDF form installed in your PC's \Program Files\Ascential\DataStage7.5\Docs directory. The Parallel Job Developer's Guide and the Parallel Job Advanced Developer's Guide are good starting points.
dsdeveloper123
Participant

Post by dsdeveloper123 »

Yeah I have DataStage installed..

Thank u
xicheng_my_love
Participant

Post by xicheng_my_love »

I want to know more about datastage too.Like I know it is developed by C++,for you need C++ compiler installed.I also know that it uses SQLLDR to load data in Oracle.I want to know more things like this.Can anyone shed some light on this?
a newbie to an expert
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It takes 12 years to get 12 years worth of experience. Begin by reading the manuals and online help. Then ask specific questions. DSXchange (ignoring the soon-to-be-announced Learning Center) is not a source for general training. Take a class or three.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.