Job Scheduling

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srdhr
Participant

Job Scheduling

Post by srdhr »

Hi,

When we are scheduling the job, where we specify the time. is it is server time or systemtime.
Srdhr
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It would be the time on the DataStage server, not your local PC, if that's what you are asking. Otherwise, I'm not sure what the difference between 'server time' and 'system time' would be.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
srdhr
Participant

Post by srdhr »

chulett wrote:It would be the time on the DataStage server, not your local PC, if that's what you are asking. Otherwise, I'm not sure what the difference between 'server time' and 'system time' would be. ...
Yes, exactly what you said is my doubt. Please can you clarify it clearly.
Srdhr
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

:idea: Half glass empty, half glass full.
Your system is the datastage server. I think your getting confused between the two as they are one and the same.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Rea_Antony
Participant

Post by Rea_Antony »

Your system is the datastage server.
but... shdnt it be like ' IF Your system is the datastage server, then both are same. Else, it is the time on the machine where your Datastage Server is installed'
Plz do correct me if I'm wrong on this..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

chulett wrote:I'm not sure what the difference between 'server time' and 'system time' would be.
All I meant by that was I don't see a difference between the two terms - they are synonymous, identical, can be used interchangeably.

And the answer is still "the time on the DataStage server". Doesn't matter where that server is or even if it's on the same machine that the client is installed on - that is still the correct answer. There's no 'if' here. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In Director, the server time is displayed on the right-hand end of the status bar. This can be useful if the client and server are in different time zones.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.