Probelm regarding Jobsequencer.

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arun_kumar
Participant

Probelm regarding Jobsequencer.

Post by arun_kumar »

Hi all,

I am working with startloop numeric type.In that it has to iterate for number oftimes. and acccording to the reqiurement it has to decrement by -1.it is getting input from one job in that job i had specifed only one column i am using that to as integer,and also tried as numeric too.

i am getting below error:-

Controller problem: Loop initial value not numeric (1) - cannot execute

please educate me regarding this issue.

Thanx in advance..
Arunkumar..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... what exactly do you have in the Start Loop's Loop Definition From: property?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
arun_kumar
Participant

Problem with job sequencer

Post by arun_kumar »

chulett wrote:So... what exactly do you have in the Start Loop's Loop Definition From: property?

from

#Exec_Loopvar.$CommandOutput#

step
to
Arunkumar..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

And what's the command?
Maybe you need DIGITS(CommandActivity.$CommandOutput) and/or to strip field marks from the command output.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
arun_kumar
Participant

Problem with job sequencer

Post by arun_kumar »

ray.wurlod wrote:And what's the command?
Maybe you need DIGITS(CommandActivity.$CommandOutput) and/or to strip field marks from the command output. ...

command is cat
Arunkumar..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What, just cat? Not cat filename perhaps?

Maybe you need DIGITS(CommandActivity.$CommandOutput) and/or to strip field marks from the command output.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm sure you need DIGITS(CommandActivity.$CommandOutput) and/or to strip field marks from the command output. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

To add to the explanation, the value contains a carrige return which DataStage engine changes to a field marker "@FM". DIGITS() will extract just the numeric field, which is why it is suggested.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
arun_kumar
Participant

Regarding Job sequencer

Post by arun_kumar »

DSguru2B wrote:To add to the explanation, the value contains a carrige return which DataStage engine changes to a field marker "@FM". DIGITS() will extract just the numeric field, which is why it is suggested.

Hi all,

THanks for your nice response.But Here i am using excute command stage commnd tab i am specifing "cat" and in param place i am specifing "filename".So in this text box it wont allow us to specify the above command.

where i have to specify the command.

Please educate me regarding this issue.

Thanx in advance
Arunkumar..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Downstream of the Execute Command activity - on any activity (Job Activity, Routine Activity, etc.) when you are entering a job parameter value you can nominate one of the upstream activity variables - in this case the output from your Execute Command activity.

Assuming you're on version 7.5, you can use this activity variable in any expression. If DIGITS (a DS Transform) is not available, use Convert() to strip out the field mark and extraneous white space character(s).