Can we set the default to null!!

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nynali
Participant

Can we set the default to null!!

Post by nynali »

Hi,
I am having some decimal columns in my Source sequential file.
Whenever I get junk data for these(which is not decimal) I want to default them to NULLS.Please let us know if this can be done??
nynali
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

nynali - it would be better to post in the appropriate forum, but I'm sure a moderator will find this thread and relocate it.

You can set the the default value by right-mouse clicking on the colum and then "edit row" to get to the details.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Well, we still have no idea whether this is a server job question or a parallel job question. Therefore we still have no way to answer it, apart from "yes", or "maybe (it depends where)".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bkumar103
Participant

Post by bkumar103 »

Yes this is possible but process may differ from server job to Parallel job.
To set the value to null you have @NULL in server jobs and setnull() function in parallel job. Before assigning the null value you have to check the incoming field value is junk. There are different function available to check the format of the incoming data.