General audit process question.

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nitin376
Charter Member
Charter Member

General audit process question.

Post by nitin376 »

Hello all,

On day one of my new job I have been asked to come up with a solution for the following issue.
Here for the daily incrementals to the datamart tables, datastage PX jobs that isert/update the tables call an after job routine that captures the statistics in an xml file with <Project name><Job name><Field><Number of Rows Inserted/Updated> etc. (I have'nt seen the actual format as we are still in development with no test data). Then the xml file is parsed in a server job and these stats are loaded in couple of tables for the audit purpose.

But for some of the larger tables they plan to use Merge scripts, so I have to come up with an audit strategy. One solution that I could think of is to capture the db2 stats of these tables in xml after the scripts are run, then the server jobs already in place can do the remainig job. But I dont know how do I capture the statistics in the xml file. I am sure there must be an easier and better sollution. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I am not sure which forum this post should go as it really is'nt exactly a DS question. I work on Parallel Extender but we have one server job just to parse the xml file and load the audit table.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

The dsjob command can output these in XML format. Do a search for dsjob.
Mamu Kim