datastage tutorial

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vamsi krishna
Participant

datastage tutorial

Post by vamsi krishna »

my company is asking me to give training to freshers. please provide me some material regarding that and also give me the addresses of sites where i can get information or free downloading of material.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's a famous acronym in this industry: TANSTAAFL

There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

There is no such site, and no such freebies. The amount of time and effort expended in preparing quality training material mean that anyone who does so expects some return. I know, it's something I do.

Depending on the delivery mechanism, each delivered hour can require as much as 100 hours of design and preparation time.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You can get some basic materials - DataStage comes with a tutorial and if you can find more simple tutorials online, but the real value from a training course is watching a DataStage expert use the product.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In your profile, you've ranked yourself as a 'fresher' as well. Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. :(

Your company should seriously consider bringing in a professional instructor or consultant for this, or sending everyone to an official training class.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers