An error occured while invoking a Create New Plugin

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

VCInDSX
Premium Member
Premium Member

An error occured while invoking a Create New Plugin

Post by VCInDSX »

Hi,
As I am progressing with different jobs for our requirements, i find myself repeating the initial steps of a job, over and over again.
As per best practices & tips on this forum, it is good to have a base/skeleton/template job and reuse it in other jobs. One way to do is to setup a base job, open it and "Save As" the new job (derivation) and continue with the work.
I wanted to try the "Template from existing job" and encountered an error that says
"An error occured while invoking a Create New Plugin".

Did I miss something during my client install? My Datastage client is on Windows XP Pro.

Thanks in advance for your time and help,
-V
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Templates are saved on the client machine, in a folder called Templates. For example C:\Program Files\Ascential\DataStage\Templates.
I suspect you lack write permission to this folder. Check.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
VCInDSX
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by VCInDSX »

Hi Ray,
You were right on the spot. I Removed the "Read Only" settings on this folder. Strangely, I did not see the results.
I then removed the "Read Only" on the root folder of my client "C:\Program Files\Ascential\DataStage7.5.2".
Finally, restarted the "Datastage Client UI".... It worked fine.
Probably i should have restarted as soon as i enabled the "Templates" folder....
Hope, the client does not complain later due to the enabling of "Write" permissions for the root folder.

Thanks again for your invaluable time and input,
-V