how to rename the category

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thumati.praveen
Participant

how to rename the category

Post by thumati.praveen »

Hi,

Can any one tell me how to rename the Category?

Thanksinadvance
Pravin.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It is not possible using the GUI. All you can do is to create the new category, move all items from the old category to the new category (you can use drag-and-drop), then delete the old category.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
thumati.praveen
Participant

Post by thumati.praveen »

ray.wurlod wrote:It is not possible using the GUI. All you can do is to create the new category, move all items from the old category to the new category (you can use drag-and-drop), then delete the old category. ...

yes i know that way but i have so many number of inner categories.

can we do in unix ?

and one more thing i want to know, in data stage where the jobs will store i mean exact location of repository Path.

ThanksInadvance,
Pravin
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

CATEGORY is an indexed column in each of the Repository tables in which design-time metadata are stored. That is, because they are in a series of database tables, they are not accessible from UNIX. As you note, it would not be safe to issue an UPDATE statement against the table, because this would not pick up the sub-categories.

The exact location of the repository is the project directory on the server, at least until you move to version 8.0 or later. This will not help you - the categories are not subdirectories of anything.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kuand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kuand »

Export the category to a file. Do a change all (be carefull) do the change on

Category "Category\\subCategory1\\subCategory2..and so on.."

Then import the file again. (make sure to have a backup)