Call To DB2 Store Procedure fails

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dtatem
Participant

Call To DB2 Store Procedure fails

Post by dtatem »

I developed a DB2 Stored Procedure call to get the max_row_id + 1 from DB2 and it was working. Now when I place the Stored Procedure call in another PX job...the job fails on the Stored Procedure call. If I remove the call to the Store Procedure the job runs OK.

What is strange is that other previous PX jobs that references the store procedure call still works..Only new one fail. Any ideas?

Here are the error message I am now getting below
sp_calc_row_id,0: Error: Arithmetic overflow [dscapiop.C:1891]
Error occurred in call to ORPHCallActivePluginRun() with input link '0'

thanks
dtatem..
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What is the datatype that you have defined for your RETURN value in your other job? Is it the same in your new job?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
dtatem
Participant

Post by dtatem »

The datatype is the same as previous job BigInt 19..

thanks

dtatem
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Increase the length. What is the numeric value you are expecting from the stored procedure? An arithmatic overflow, in a nutshell, means that the number produced is larger than what can occupy in the variable and hence my apprehension about the length.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.