Setup requires different version of windows. Error 102

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

siddesai
Participant

Setup requires different version of windows. Error 102

Post by siddesai »

Hi Everyone,
I 'm trying to install DataStage 7.5.x on Win XP SP2 and I keep getting the above mentioned error.

Also, I had a version of DataStage installed on my pc which used to work just fine but uninstalled it since license had expired. I have installed the .net fix but it still doesn't work.

Please advice me of how to get past it.

Thank you.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome Aboard. :D

Anything 'different' about your version of Windows? How old was your previous version of DataStage? Older versions used to work on Windows XP Home but now it requires XP Pro - however, don't think that's the problem as it shouldn't even have let you start the install. This seems to be something else. :?

Found this Microsoft KB article which mentions that error as an InstallSHIELD error. Perhaps it helps?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
siddesai
Participant

Post by siddesai »

Thanks Chullet for your prompt reply and warm welcome. :D

Well, the old version wasn't so old may be the same version. But, I have removed all its traces so it shouldn't be a problem with the install.

Yeah, I found that MS KB as well :)..let me give it a go...

Thanks mate.

Update: Now it goes till 99% but then quits as in nothing happens...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... it now stops at 99% without any obvious error? That typically means some kind of issue with a 'post install' script or process. Unfortunately, I'm not sure anyone other than the vendor could help with that. Which would mean a call to your Support Provider.

You've checked all the 'normal' stuff like space on the install drive? One other thing I'd suggest is clear whatever directory $TEMP is set to on your machine, delete everything from there you can that's not currently in use. Sometimes excess junk there interferes with the operation of an installer.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
siddesai
Participant

Post by siddesai »

Thanks for your reply Craig.

Apparently there were some files missing from installation folder. I checked my old install folder and copied files across and now it works like a charm :D

Thanks for your assistance....