Starting Datastage on Red Hat 3.0 Linux server

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dpcstk
Participant

Starting Datastage on Red Hat 3.0 Linux server

Post by dpcstk »

Hello,

I work as a Peoplesoft Technical Analyst and right now I am having issues starting Ascential Datastage on one of our Linux servers.

Apparently the server crashed last night due to memory problems and today when I issue the command to start Datastage, I get the following messages and users thus cannot log on:

$DSHOME/bin/uv -admin -start
Cannot acquire exclusive access to signature table. Unable to obtain entry for '11'.
Cannot acquire exclusive access to signature table. Unable to obtain entry for '11'.
/epmasdev/psoft/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/sample/ds.rc: line 418: [: : integer expression expected
DataStage Engine 7.5.1.1 instance "ade" has been brought up.

We have physically rebooted the server a couple of times to no avail. We have also issued the STOP and START commands for Datastage, but the messages keep appearing.

When I issue the INFO command for Datastage, I get the following:

-bash-2.05b$ $DSHOME/bin/uv -admin -info

Details for DataStage Engine release instance "ade"
===============================================================================
Install history : Installed by dmbd (admin:dmbd) on: May 01 2006 11:44:11
Instance tag : ade
Engine status : Running
Engine location : /epmasdev/psoft/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine
Binary location : /epmasdev/psoft/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin
Impersonation : Enabled
Administrator : dmbd
Autostart mode : disabled
Autostart link : none
Startup script : /epmasdev/psoft/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/sample/ds.rc
Cache Segments : 0 active
User Segments : 0 active

Now the analyst who uses Ascential to migrate data did say he was migrating a project from this server to another environment and it may have caused the server to crash, but he is not sure.

I am not an Ascential expert, but more of a Peoplesoft analyst so I am lost as to what to do.

Many thanks for any and all replies.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

See if this post helps.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.