Jobs get timed out

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rohit1231
Participant

Jobs get timed out

Post by rohit1231 »

Hi guyz,
I encountered a strange issue with a Sequence. The sequence was supposed to trigger a job and then based on the success/failure of the job, a second job activity was to be triggerred. The strange part was that the first job never got triggerred but its status was reflected as finished OK in the sequence log on the basis of what the second job got triggerred.
I guess this may have some connection with timeouts or server not acknowledging the jobs in due time span....

I learnt sometime in the past that DS released some patch which can make the user change the timeout intervals...

Any help would be appreciated
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome Aboard. :D

First suggestion would be - no guessing allowed. Timeout problems throw -14 errors, did you get any of those? What makes you think the first job 'never got triggered'? The Sequence job should log a 'Summary run' message when it ends, have you carefully examined it?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look in the logs of the individual jobs and report back what you found there. In particular, did job 1 even attempt to start? What was its status?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.