DB2 Partition Load Issue - Errors

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dtatem
Participant

DB2 Partition Load Issue - Errors

Post by dtatem »

Good Day:

In PX, I am trying to load from a dataset into a DB2 table using the upsert mode. The property I have set for the DB2 table partition type- it defaults to DB2.

The job aborts on the following reason(s) and I am clue less on this one. Has anyone run into this before? Thanks in advance

ERROR MSG - FROM Datastage Director
main_program: Fatal Error: There are irreconcilable constraints on the number of
partitions of an operator: parallel STD_INVOC_MTD_SUM.
The number of partitions is already constrained to 1,
but an eSame partitioned input virtual dataset produced by
parallel PDS_DATA_IN has 3.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You have specified Same as the partitioning algorithm (either directly or as the default chosen by Auto). The number of partitions upstream, however, is irreconcilable to the current number of partitions (set to 1, perhaps through use of a single node node pool, perhaps through enforcing sequential operation). In the upstream stage set the preserve partitioning flag to "Clear" and in the downstream stage set the partitioning algorithm to "Auto". Check to see whether a node pool or sequential execution has been specified in the downstream stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.