datastage versions 7.5(EE)/7.1/6.0/5.2

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajeshmathew
Participant

datastage versions 7.5(EE)/7.1/6.0/5.2

Post by rajeshmathew »

could anyone who worked on earlier versions of datastage tell me what are the differences in features of versions mentioned at the subject line
nick.bond
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by nick.bond »

I couldn't list all the differences between so many versions without looking at release notes, but out of curiosity why would you need to know? I could understand if you are thinking of upgrading but why so many versions?
Regards,

Nick.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You could try digging up Vincent McBurney's ITToolbox blogs on DataStage, from what I recall he has a series on the history of the product. Perhaps whatever in the heck you are looking for will be there somewhere.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Perhaps an interview :roll:
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

It is a bit of a chore going back through all those previous versions. There are a few release notes to get through including the point releases and you can't really compare DataStage 5.2 to EE since they are radically different products. If you are preparing for a job interview the correct answer is "I have no experience with the earlier versions but I've tried really hard to get to know the latest version, especially by reading blogs about DataStage 8".