project description

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bhaggu
Participant

project description

Post by bhaggu »

hi i'm new to ds and i'm having my first interview today ,can any one please help me in how to describe my project and what are the related questions they might ask on the project, please that will be agreat help for me

thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

How new? What do you mean by 'Describe my project'? Are you currently working somewhere with DataStage? Who knows what someone will ask during an interview - I've seen times where a resume was looked at and a body brought in, no questions asked. Didn't last long, either one of 'em. :wink:

I think Vincent had some sample interview questions in one of his patented DataStage blogs... otherwise, at this late date you're pretty much on your own. Good luck.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bhaggu
Participant

Post by bhaggu »

chulett wrote:How new? What do you mean by 'Describe my project'? Are you currently working somewhere with DataStage? Who knows what someone will ask during an interview - I've seen times where a resume was looked at and a body brought in, no questions asked. Didn't last long, either one of 'em. :wink:

I think Vincent had some sample interview questions in one of his patented DataStage blogs... otherwise, at this late date you're pretty much on your own. Good luck.
what i meant was how does the environment work and what are the stages,as i told you i'm a fresher.I'm looking for some one who can explain like what are the different stages they follow and the different kinds of environments.

thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are thousands of pages in the manuals that describe the stages. You want all that summarized in a post on a forum? It's not going to happen. Enrol on an entry-level training class (four days), which will provide you with a starting skill set and more confidence to answer questions.

Etiquette Note
We do not answer interview questions here.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.