Importing Sequential File Definitions

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

boligoma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Importing Sequential File Definitions

Post by boligoma »

Hi, I'm having a lot of trouble trying to import some text file definitions to Datastage Manager. When I try to import any file the following message appears:

DSR.MetaGeta(GET.SEQ.SAMPLE): OPENSEQ of /projectds/Operator/files//File_Special.txt took ELSE clause, STATUS()=0

I'm connecting via VPN to another server which has those files, I'm using DS 7.5.1.A. I can see the root though but I cannot import the definition.

Any help will be appreciated,
Ismael Martinez
Intellego SC
www.grupointellego.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is an extraneous "/" in the pathname. Getting rid of it will probably fix the problem. DataStage does not resolve "//" in pathnames.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
boligoma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by boligoma »

Thanks for the answer, I'm still getting the same message without the "/" that was before, like this:

DSR.MetaGeta(GET.SEQ.SAMPLE): OPENSEQ of /projectds/Operator/files/File_Special.txt took ELSE clause, STATUS()=0

Please advice, thanks!!!
Ismael Martinez
Intellego SC
www.grupointellego.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Taking the ELSE clause with Status() returning 0 indicates that the file is opened for writing, but does not exist. Check that /projectds/Operator/files/File_Special.txt exists, that components in the path are correctly spelled and cased, and that the executing user has sufficient rights to access these directories and the file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
boligoma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by boligoma »

Got it, actually somebody yesterday was updating the file. I don't know if it's related but that file was created in 1.5.2 and when trying to accesing it with 1.5.1.A it fails.

I made the test with 1.5.2 and it worked fine.

Thanks!!!
Ismael Martinez
Intellego SC
www.grupointellego.com