Error while Installing DS7.5 in Windows Vista-"Must be

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

poornimajayan
Participant

Error while Installing DS7.5 in Windows Vista-"Must be

Post by poornimajayan »

Hi,
I am getting an error while installing DS7x in Microsoft Vista OS in local PC.The error is "Setup failed to apply license information.Check uvregen-output.log".That file mentions that "Must be root or base administrator to run this process.Verify DSHOME setting."
I found the same Que posted earlier for which Ray replied like --"Verify that you are a member of the Administrators group for that machine (i.e. not from the domain). "
I checked in the usergroups.There is only one user and it has administrator privileges.
Please let me know whether I need to do some other setups.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Search the forums for the word 'Vista' and see what turns up. From what I recall, you'll find that not only is it not officially supported, DataStage just plain old doesn't work on it. Yet.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
yddert
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Error while Installing DS7.5 in Windows Vista-"Must

Post by yddert »

The error is "Setup failed to apply license information.Check uvregen-output.log".That file mentions that "Must be root or base administrator to run this process.Verify DSHOME setting."
The above error is because since you are not logging as admin.
By default, the adminstrtor is disabled on vista. First you have to enable administrtor then logon as admin and then install DataStage server normally. Admin can be enable by, start..ComputerManagement (continue permission)..Local Users and Groups..Users..Right Click on Adminstrator and select Properties..UnClick Account Is Diaabled. Now Restart and logon as Admin and install.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I see we're on a mission. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Error while Installing DS7.5 in Windows Vista-"Must

Post by ray.wurlod »

poornimajayan wrote: I found the same Que posted earlier for which Ray replied like --"Verify that you are a member of the Administrators group for that machine (i.e. not from the domain)."
That was NOT about installing on Vista.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.