Special Characters in password

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nibble
Premium Member
Premium Member

Special Characters in password

Post by nibble »

Hi.

When using the Oracle Enterprice stage, the -dboption don't tolerate $ in the Oracle schema password. Has this anything to do with NLS_LANG settings?

Error message:
Incorrect -dbotpions option list; it failed on Expected "," or "}", gor: "$", line 1.

Why does the -dboption care about special characters in the password ???

This is OK if I view data, og use Serverjobs Oracle stage.

Chris.
Chris
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Doesn't the Search utility work for you? Indeed, your subject would serve as an ideal search topic. Curiously you're not the first to have encountered this.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nibble
Premium Member
Premium Member

Search

Post by nibble »

Well, I have used some time searching with no luck.

Therefore I created a new post.

Christer.
Chris
nibble
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Search

Post by nibble »

I think I found the solution.
Case closed.
Chris
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Curious.

An "all terms" search for "special character password" yielded eight hits for me, of which one is marked as resolved and two as "workaround exists".

Try again?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
philds
Participant

Post by philds »

Hello,

I got the same error message but because I had numbers in the password (4everyng). The error is not consistent : some passwords with numbers work some other don't. A password could work on a server and not work on another.

I got 2 fixes for that, an interm fix first (ecase 84857) , whose readme file was saying it fixes issues with "$" and "#" in the oracle password. This interim patch had a server piece and a client piece.

Then a day later I got another fix (server only) which also fixes the issue with numbers in the oracle passwd.
The patch is called : patch_105068 (it's included in 7.5.3, so you only need it for 7.5.1 and 7.5.2).

Regards