How to store Job start time,end time,job name in Oracle

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rsunny
Participant

Post by rsunny »

Hi craig ,

Do i need to use the function DSGetJobInfo(DSJ.ME, DSJ.JOBINTERIMSTATUS)

so once i use the function what is the status that i am going to get if the job is failed or sucess. Can you please tell me what kind of status it is produced and am i using the correct function

Regards,
Santhosh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You would be using the correct function if you actually went ahead and tried it!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rsunny
Participant

Post by rsunny »

Hi ray ,

Can you please tell me where can i find those functions. I means these functions are documented in $DSHOME/include/dsapi.h as craig said but where do i find this documentation

Thanks in advance
rsunny
Participant

Post by rsunny »

Hi ay ,

I could able to find the file and looked at it but i couldnt able to figure out how to use this function as it defines each function in file which says

DSJ_JOBINTERIMSTATUS 13 /* Current interim status of job */

Can you please tell me how do i use this function in routine.

Thanks in advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That file is an include file (hence the .h) which defines status and error codes, amongst other things. I pointed it out to you so you could look up your -13 error, not as any kind of usage "documentation". :?

Oddly enough, you'll find these functions amongst your online documentation such as that available from the Designer client. Switch to the Index tab and type "dsget" to motor to the appropriate section and then check the details of the DSGetJobInfo function. It will be in your pdf documentation which you can search as well, or you could even search here as you're hardly the first person to ask about it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:!: Just a quick note :!:

RSunny, we are now on the fourth page of your hijacking of this thread, something I shouldn't have allowed to happen. Next time you have questions or problems of your own, start a new post. When I get some time, I'll get out the scapel and see if I can hack these two apart without killing one or both of the patients.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rsunny
Participant

Post by rsunny »

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your support. I could able to solve it with your inputs.

Thanks in advance