Sequencer status inside another sequencer

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

For a newbie four routine activities will give you four discrete return values. Diligent naming will make it clear which is which.

Returning multiple results via one routine is not what I'd put into the newbie capability set.

My ₤0.02 worth.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bond88
Participant

Post by bond88 »

Thanks Ray,

I used four routine activity stages and I am calling same routine in all four with passing different parameters and in under trigger return value = "1" and then calling fifth sequencer using job activity stage. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you,
Bhanu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You could do that. I assume you are talking about a new Sequence job here, you could also simply incorporate these four Routine stages into the existing "fifth Sequence". In either case you would have them run first, with all four trigger links going to a Sequencer set to "All" and then from there to the rest of the Sequence. If any fail, the job will not advance past the Sequencer stage.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bond88
Participant

Post by bond88 »

Thanks Craig.
Bhanu