Jobs visible in Director but not Designer

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ureddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Jobs visible in Director but not Designer

Post by ureddy »

Hi All,

We just got the DataStage access and when we logged into DataStage Designer there are no jobs in repository. But I can see the jobs in DataStage Director. When we opened the Designer from Director window we are able to see the jobs in Designer.
Why we are not able to see the jobs when we directly logged into Designer?

Note: I refreshed the repository in Designer but no luck.

Thanks,
Ureddy
Reddy
UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UCDI »

Hmm. This sounds like a configuration error of some sort... like the service/connection that populates the repository is not quite working. But I don't know how to fix it. I initially had some other ideas but if you can see the jobs from the director login, they are not correct.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

This is a classic example of... something... I can't quite recall at the moment. I've been there when things show up in the Director but not the Designer and I recall having to... rebuild the project indexes? Something with everyone needing to be out of the project with nothing running before you run the fix or it makes it worse.

Edited to add: this seems to be one example pf what I was thinking of...

viewtopic.php?t=91470
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ureddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ureddy »

yes you are correct Chulett. I am getting the same issue as what is there in the link you have provided. I will ask the administrator to rebuild the Index and the funny thing is when we asked for the Admin for the reason why we are not able to see the datastage jobs he suggested to check the datastage manual how to open jobs in datastage designer. :lol:
Thank you all for you help.
Reddy
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Depending on which release of 8 you are on, you can use a variation of SyncProject to resolve the problem as well. Earlier versions of 8 require you to contact customer service to get a downloaded version.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

See my posts under this topic for more info on how each client populates its views.

viewtopic.php?t=155087&highlight=syncproject

In addition to the above replies, depending on your version, we also ran into defect where things get out of sync and none of the variety of utilities, re-indexing, or sync project commands would fix it. Once we installed the patch, the problem was prevented from happening again. I am searching on the details.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

For what it may be worth to help the next person or as a heads-up when you upgrade... We ran into a similar scenario on 11.3.x:

- Director and Designer views were out of sync.
- Running the DS.REINDEX ALL command did not help.
- Running the SyncProject command with the -Fix option did not help either.
- Found info about JR53797 on IBM Support Portal technote:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1JR53797
- Opened a PMR with IBM Support to obtain the patch because it was not on Fix Central at that time
- The patch prevents future sync problems but does not fix existing
- Obtained uvsh/dssh steps to manually fix the problem after applying the patch
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Fun!
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

In a strange way, yes! Much fun. :D