Sequencer aborting when restarted with dsjob command

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Maximus_Jack
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sequencer aborting when restarted with dsjob command

Post by Maximus_Jack »

Hi
I'm trying to restart an aborted sequencer using the below dsjob command

Code: Select all

$DSHOME/bin/dsjob -run -mode RESTART -warn 0 $parameter $dsproj $sequencername
for this sequencer all the parameter should run with the default values, so i'm not assigning any value for the "$parameter", when I submit the command

The sequencer is getting aborted with the message "The current job run does not have the same parameters as its checkpoint record.", when i see the job log, the first parameter value is getting the value as below

Code: Select all

The checkpointed parameter values were:
parame_x=1   [current run=1?parame_y=50000?param_z=1000?
if you see above, all the parameter values are getting assigned to the first parameter and moreover the parameters values are having a "?" ( it may be a ctrl+z ), any idea why its happening and why the sequencer is failing?

thanks
MJ
Maximus_Jack
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Maximus_Jack »

Hi all, any ideas please?
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

Not sure without more details about your job sequence design, but you might need to issue a RESET command before trying to rerun.

However, you could also enable checkpoints instead, and let DataStage handle reset and restart internally without needing to do it yourself with separate command lines.
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That RESTART option is only valid for restartable Sequences, i.e. ones with checkpoints enabled. Is that the case here?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

:oops:

Sequence is a job type.

Sequencer is a stage type.

:mrgreen:
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Gee, thanks Ray. :wink:
-craig

FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

That's like what I tell people when I'm teaching them a folk dance: "No! The other left foot!"
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872
Maximus_Jack
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Maximus_Jack »

Hi
thanks for responding, yes the checkpoint is enabled, the issue is I don't know why all the the parameters values are getting assigned to the first parameter and why are they having "?" in them, don't know whether that is causing the issue.

I saw this below thread, but there is no definite solution

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1JR47272

thanks
MJ
Maximus_Jack
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Maximus_Jack »

Hi
thanks for responding, yes the checkpoint is enabled, the issue is I don't know why all the the parameters values are getting assigned to the first parameter and why are they having "?" in them, don't know whether that is causing the issue.

I saw this below thread, but there is no definite solution

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1JR47272

thanks
MJ
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That doesn't sound like your issue, that looks to be specific to parameter values with <CR><LF> characters in them. Probably best to open your own support case and let us know what you find out.
-craig