Default Parameter values in a parameter set

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

skathaitrooney
Participant

Default Parameter values in a parameter set

Post by skathaitrooney »

Hello Experts,

My main requirement is Impact Analysis. I know that i can scan Osh files to list out jobs that use a particular object.

Does anyone know where are the default values of parameters inside a parameter set stored at the server level? I could not seem to find it under the Projects directory, it should get stored somewhere right?

I want to perform impact analysis on these default values and its really bugging me. Any thoughts?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Just to clarify, are you looking for the 'design time' parameter values, the values that the job would use if nothing was explicitly passed to it as an override at runtime? Or something else?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As well as answering Craig's questions, can you also clarify whether the Parameter Sets are using values files, which can provide alternative sets of default values (and which are stored in a different location from the "(as defined)" default values).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
skathaitrooney
Participant

Post by skathaitrooney »

Yes, i am talking about the design time default values that the job would use if nothing is passed explicitly at runtime.
I scanned each and every file ( inside RT_*) in the Projects directory, but sadly could not find it anywhere.

And to answer Ray's question, value files are not used.
skathaitrooney
Participant

Post by skathaitrooney »

OK so i found the default value in the HASH files of the specific job -DATA.30 and OVER.30 (RT_STATUSXXX, RT_LOGXXX, RT_CONFIGXXX )