Annotations: Cannot change Border to invisible.

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Annotations: Cannot change Border to invisible.

Post by rkashyap »

This is more of an annoyance in 11.5 ... it is not possible to make the border of annotations invisible.

i.e. If in Annotation stage properties, the Border Visible checkbox is unselected and subsequently the job is saved and closed. When the job is reopened, the "unselection" is not preserved and borders reappear. Please share if you have any thoughts.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

I haven't worked in 11x , still......

Is it happening for this job alone / for all the jobs?

Try to create a new job (without any stages / params) and try it.
Thanks
Ram
----------------------------------
Revealing your ignorance is fine, because you get a chance to learn.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is not new in version 11. It's been around since at least version 8.5. You can actually change border to invisible but, next time you open the job design, they're all visible again.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... bug. Really, really persistent prehistoric bug. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

I agree.:-) As per documentation, this prehistoric bug is fixed in 11.5, but apparently not.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I can reproduce this in 11.3. It looks like the border visible is effective in Designer memory only.

If after saving, you view the job design via the Ops Console, the borders are rendered there. It also uses different fonts and seems to render little differences.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UCDI »

This would be nice to get fixed... I spent a few min one day to extract the RGB background colors for the parallel and sequential job backgrounds so I could kill the borders and have a "free floating" text look. And the borders came back and ruined that idea.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I think I reported this problem twice in past years (and both times IBM support was "surprised" at the error...) and I'd be happy to see it fixed. I'm in a 11.5 site right and will test it.... sorry, bug still there!
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

This is documented under more than one APAR. This one is associated with version 11.5.

JR56798: BORDER VISIBLE OPTION OF ANNOTATION STAGE IS NOT PRESERVED

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1JR56798
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius