An error occurred bulding the tree structure

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SasDWH
Participant

An error occurred bulding the tree structure

Post by SasDWH »

Hi All,

I am trying to change the job in Job Activity, I am getting error saying "An error occurred building the tree structure". But my colleagues are able to do the same in their machines.

I UN-Installed the client environment and re installed, but issue is still there.

Please help

Thanks
Sas
Sas
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In your shoes, I would try the uninstall once more but this time make sure it is completely uninstalled. Do the normal uninstall and then also delete any leftover directories associated with the tool from your hard drive. Also go into the registry (if possible) and nuke any entries there as well. Reboot. Then reinstall.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

After doing as Craig suggests...

If the issue persists, the next step would be to compare the OS and applications on your machine against that of your colleagues. There may be an application or update on your machine that is triggering the issue.

If you reach that point, you should definitely be in contact with your official support provider.

Mike
SasDWH
Participant

An error occurred building the tree structure

Post by SasDWH »

Hi All,

I formatted my machine and Re-Installed DataStage v.11.5, Still I am facing same issue saying "An error occurred building the tree structure" while I am trying to change the job in Job Activity stage.
Sas
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Then, as noted, it is time to involve your official support provider. Perhaps a patch is in order.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers