XML Stage - Assembly Editor Fails to open

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Coles
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML Stage - Assembly Editor Fails to open

Post by Coles »

In our DEV environment the Assembly Editor fails to open from the XML Stage - no error just never responds.
This occurs across multiple Datastage projects in DEV.
It happens on different client machines.
In our SIT environment we do not have the same issue.

Wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and how they fixed it.

Cheers
Steve
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

My first thought is to compare the "$DSHOME/../../Version.xml" files between the two machines to make 100% certain that the versions are identical.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are the machines configured differently (CPU, memory, etc.)?

What other load is there on the DEV machine that does not exist on the SIT environment when you're trying to open the Assembly Editor?

How much memory exists in the client machines?

Do all machines have the same patch levels? (Check their Version.xml files, or Patch History from Help About in a DataStage client.)

Is this predictable/reproducible, or intermittent? Is it always the same projects/all projects?

How long have you waited for the Assembly Editor to open?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UCDI »

This interface is a web page, effectively, right? It could even have something to do with local java settings or other internet settings. I get a warning about its certificate in one of our environments for example.