Individual Job Logs missing with status 99

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Individual Job Logs missing with status 99

Post by Developer9 »

Hi ,

While we are running a multi instance jobs in a Sequence using shell script ..we got the job aborted with following messages

Code: Select all

DSW_import_Seq.1.JobControl (@Coordinator): Summary of sequence run
04:05:05: Sequence started (checkpointing on)
04:05:05: DSW_Import_Extract (JOB DSW_import_Extract.1) started
04:07:07: DSW_Import_Extract (JOB DSW_import_Extract.1) finished, status=99 [Not running]
04:07:08: Exception raised: @DSW_Import_Extract, Unhandled abort encountered in job DSW_import_Extract.1
04:07:08: Exception handler started
04:07:08: Erfile (JOB Erfile.1) started
04:07:12: Erfile (JOB Erfile.1) finished, status=3 [Aborted]
04:07:12: Exception raised: @Erfile, Unhandled abort encountered in job Erfile.1
04:07:12: Exception handler started
04:07:12: Sequence failed (restartable)
I searched in the forums for status 99 but could not find why there are no logs for individual logs

Please let me know any ideas

Thank you
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First make sure you understand that a multi-instance job is still a single job that is allowed to run multiple copies of itself at the same time. Meaning, there is still only a single job log and all of the instance runs are crammed in there together. The Monitor makes them look like they might be completely separate since it basically emulates a view into the log, one for each Invocation ID, but there is only one log.

Hopefully that helps.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My guess would be that job DSW_Import_Extract has been edited and not re-compiled. Status 99 can mean "Not compiled".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

Hi Ray,

After the re-run I was able to see the logs (earlier run) and job ran successful .
Director logs (Administrator level) set as upto 5 runs .How do I search for all entries in Director ?

I tried view >Filter Entries but it is not giving me the entries for last 5 runs /

Is there any place Purge criteria might be set ?Is there a way to archieve the Director logs for a specified period ?
Esportxvs
Participant

Post by Esportxvs »

You take the information from this place, why I could not find it.