Datastage: 80011 Issue When Accessing Clients

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

epitts88
Participant

Datastage: 80011 Issue When Accessing Clients

Post by epitts88 »

Hi,

I have searched the forums regarding the 80011 error and I believe I have applied all the necessary tasks, yet I am still getting the error.

I have just installed 9.1.2 on a Windows Server 2012 Datacenter server. All tiers are installed on the one server for the time-being. Installation was successful and I have configured the Engine credentials in the Domain management section of the web console and also created a user with Suite Admin and User roles.

I have tested the credentials for the local user that the suite user is mapped to and I am able to successfully logon to the machine as that user. I am stumped at why the error keeps occurring.

one issue I have is that the server is not hosted by my company and the third party have their own security policies applied. I therefore cannot add local security policies to local users. I have added the user I created to the Administrators group temporarily so that they inherit the "Allow logon locally" permissions, but I still cannot logon to the client applications.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

80011 usually means that the DSRPC process is not running or is unreachable.

Check whether dsrpcd is running. If it is, check whether port number 31538 is open through any firewall that you may have.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
epitts88
Participant

Post by epitts88 »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the info. DSRPC service is running and port 31538 is also open. I had a look in the Security Event logs on Windows and I think it is due to the group policy settings on the hosted server as I can see the logon attempt failing stating that the user does not have the required logon permissions.

I've passed this on to the infrastructure hosts, so hopefully they can get the necessary permissions added and this will resolve the issue.

I'll update the post if this is the case.

Many thanks,
Elliot