Set to Courier Font in Log Event Detail Panel

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

eli.nawas_AUS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Set to Courier Font in Log Event Detail Panel

Post by eli.nawas_AUS »

Hi

In the Log Event Detail panel in Datastage Designer how can I select Courier as the default font?

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I doubt you can, it probably just uses the default Windows font which would mean changing it everywhere. But perfectly happy to be proven wrong! :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eli.nawas_AUS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eli.nawas_AUS »

Darn :)

Would be nice since we could draw some ascii pictures in the log.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Well, the typeface is not stored in the log, it's a function of the viewing interface. You could always write your own log viewer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eli.nawas_AUS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eli.nawas_AUS »

I wish i know how to write such a viewer.

Other than that, How would you line things up in the Log viewer?

For example, the ExeCmd invokes a shell script which outputs some table on the screen. DS captures this in its log. But when you open the log, it all looks out of alignment, because the font it uses (given to it by Windows) is non-courier.

Right now I have to do either:
- Copy and paste them on to Notepad, and select Courier Font to show them

- Add steps in the script to write to a file, then use some editor such as vi to display it

It would be nice if DS can display its log in Courier directly. That way, when you open it, everything is nicely formatted.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Courier New is wasteful of screen space. Also, the Data Viewer (log viewer) has to work with all character sets, and not all of these are supported by Courier New (for example the CJK language character sets). That's why it will never happen out of the box.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.