How to concatenate two parameter and pass as Invocation Id

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

k2g
Participant

How to concatenate two parameter and pass as Invocation Id

Post by k2g »

Hi Experts,

I have a sequence as per below design(simplified) :

PreProcees------>JobActivity1--------JobActivity2--------->PostProcess

JobActivity1 runs a parallel job Jb_Src_S_Tgt_T which is multi instance Job and invocation id is #jp_InvocationID#
Here jp_InvocationID is sequence parameter having default value as US.

JobActivity2 runs a sequence Sq_LogStat(utility sequence) which is multi instance sequence.

Here in JobActivity2, I am giving #JobActivity1.$JobName# as invocation id and when main seq runs, my JobActivity2 triggers the inside sequence with name Sq_LogStat.Jb_Src_S_Tgt_T.

Requirement: I want to pass invocation id in JobActivity2 in such a way that, it triggers the inside sequence with name Sq_LogStat.Jb_Src_S_Tgt_T_US.

I tried by passing #JobActivity1.$JobName#_#jp_InvocationID# and some other combinations also but sequence is still running with name Sq_LogStat.Jb_Src_S_Tgt_T

Observation: When I give #jp_InvocationID#-#JobActivity1.$JobName# as Invocation ID in JobActivity2, the sequence is running with name Sq_LogStat.US-Jb_Src_S_Tgt_T

Please tell me what value I should pass as Invocation Id in JobActivity2 to achieve desired output.

Thanks in advance.
K2g
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The second # is flagging the end of a reference value, it would appear.

Try inserting a user variables activity to construct the full required instance ID, and use the user variable as the invocation ID.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
naveenkumar.ssn
Participant

Re: How to concatenate two parameter and pass as Invocation

Post by naveenkumar.ssn »

Hi ,

Yes you are correct you will not have the invocation id in the display part of the director, however you can find it in the "Summary of sequence" in the director log. Moreover in your jobactivity when you call the invocation id as 'jobactivity1.jobname' it include the invocation id of the jobactivity1 invocation id as well ( in your case the xxxx_US as well )

you will have a clear picture in the Summary of sequence.Request you to kindly look into the summary of sequence in the director log.

Regards
Naveen
Naveen Kumar
Datastage Consultant