DSODB queries

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vamsi_4a6
Participant

DSODB queries

Post by vamsi_4a6 »

where to run the queries that are present in below article?

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/ ... index.html
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

Is Operations Console configured in your shop?
Queries from the developerworks article linked in your post run against DSODB (DataStage and QualityStage Operations Database).

Also note that some of these queries need to be tuned/corrected. Schema diagrams in the article (mentioned above) showing relationship between tables will help in tuning/correcting them.
vamsi_4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi_4a6 »

Thanks for reply. We are using operation console. Where can I run queries in operation console?
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

These queries do not run in "Operations Console" (which can be thought of a frontend/dashboard), but in the DSODB database.

Your DataStage Administrator will be able to provide information about the database where DSODB is installed.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I think newer versions store the data in XMETA instead of a separate DSODB.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... use your query tool of choice for this, i.e. Toad as one popular example.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

qt_ky wrote:I think newer versions store the data in XMETA instead of a separate DSODB.
It's always been possible to install DSODB as a separate schema within the XMETA database. Or you can install it in any other ODBC-accessible database.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vamsi_4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi_4a6 »

My Datastage admin is not willing to give the information.I have access to Datastage administrator for my project and where can i check DSODB database details?
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

If you have an id on the DataStage server with necessary permissions, then following command will give you location of database hosting DSODB:

Code: Select all

/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBServer/bin/RepositoryAdmin.sh -displayRepository -rn DSODB
However in order to run the queries, you would also need credentials with necessary permissions on the database.