oracle connector doesn't work

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abyss
Premium Member
Premium Member

oracle connector doesn't work

Post by abyss »

Hi
We just upgraded the datastage to 11.5 now the oracle connector is has stop working and output the following error:

Code: Select all

DataStage was unable to attach to this connector.
 Error loading connector library ccora11g.dll. 
%1 is not a valid Win32 application.
the reasom google/ibm can tell me is the datastage is 32 bit system and and therefore still requires the use of 32 bit 3rd party drivers. Either the 64 bit Oracle client libraries are installed or the Windows system environment variables PATH and LIB are still pointing to the Oracle 64 bit client install folders. However i am sure the infosphere appliaction i installed is 64 bit and oracle client is also 64 bit.
this is the same setup with our 9.1 datastage server.

I come cross couple web pages but none of them can fix the issue.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21580377
http://tricky.cz/datastage-64bit-versio ... n-windows/

thanks
abyss
naveenkumar.ssn
Participant

Re: oracle connector doesn't work

Post by naveenkumar.ssn »

Hi

you need to check on the pre-requisite of the installation of DS11.3 in the IBM site.

If I remember correctly some version of DS would only work with 32 bit Oracle Installation.Check whether the installation you did was 32bit or 64bit DS.

Regards
Naveen
Naveen Kumar
Datastage Consultant
abyss
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abyss »

hi Naveen
I checked the requirement before I install it it says I need 64 bit client if i install 64 bit application, my is application is 64 bit, i expect the 64 bit client oracle is what's i need.
I installed 64 bit 9.1 before with 64 bit oracle client, it works fine.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What edition / version of Windows are you running? Doesn't really matter for 11.3 but for your older 9.1 install it can make a difference. The 'bitness' column on the system requirements page has the following values:
32 - The product or part of the product runs as a 32-bit application in a 32-bit operating environment.
64-Tolerate - The product or part of the product runs as a 32-bit application in a 64-bit operating environment.
64-Exploit - The product or part of the product runs natively as a 64-bit application in a 64-bit operating environment.
Everything on the 11.3 page for Windows shows as "64-Tolerate" which basically means it can run on a 64-bit O/S, not that it is a native 64-bit application. Also, hardly any of the older editions show as "64-Exploit" for the multiple flavors of Windows out there.

Rather than be stubborn, why not try installing a 32bit Oracle client and see if that solves your problem?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
abyss
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abyss »

lol, no, i am not trying to be stubborn, just feel really strange and somehow i have some problems to deinstall oracle client.

after i installed 32 bit oracle client, everything works fine :)
thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers