How to you promote jobs from Dev to Prod?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MrBlack
Participant

How to you promote jobs from Dev to Prod?

Post by MrBlack »

How are people managing their code promotion? Our setup right now is developers work in their dev environment and when they're done with their job, they bundle everything up in a package and send it to the change control software for a scheduled deployment. The software just issues a command line istool.sh command to deploy the package onto the prod server. Is this how you're doing it?

Has anyone noticed that if you have package made from IIS Manager, that if you use istool.sh from the command line to deploy the package, the first build is always used, not the newest one? I've reported this bug into support because right now we're completely replacing packages and not maintaining the build history.

I'm curious how other people manage their dev/prod environments?
weiyi_will
Participant

Re: How to you promote jobs from Dev to Prod?

Post by weiyi_will »

In my current project , we export separate xml file for each changed job and then submit to source control. We write a autobuild script to deploy the changed jobs since last build. But this has be done on Windows for it seems there is no cmd can be used to import xml format in AIX.