Problems with DataStage compilation

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

djarratt
Participant

Problems with DataStage compilation

Post by djarratt »

We have several installations of DataStage 8.7 with FixPack 2

I've just set up our main Data Warehouse project in a new development environment. I'm experiencing a problem whereby if I try to do a multiple job compile it will at some point hang and never return. There seems no pattern as to when this occurs - sometimes it's on the first job, sometimes the 20th, sometimes the job is small and sometimes large.

In order to get everything compiled I ended up having to individually compile the jobs and here too the compiler sporadically ended up hanging eventually resulting in the window displaying "Not Responding".

I've compiled the whole project and everything runs OK, but obviously this is less than ideal. Has anyone experienced something similar or have any ideas how I could problem solve? As far as I can tell the setup is identical to our other environments.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Contact Support.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
taylor.hermann
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by taylor.hermann »

Okay, this may sound crazy, and not be your issue at all. But it can't hurt to throw out ideas. But have your admin double check that all the .dll files are registered for your install.

For some reason a MKS Toolkit file (mkstk.dll) in system32 was showing up as unregistered by windows for us.

But we experienced a similar issue when we were on Windows. Which multi-job compile would hang just like that.

But we also experienced issues more issues than just that. Running jobs very rarely that gave us a strange issue. (fifo pipe) We also had issues were jobs would lock up and were a pain to unlock, also rarely.

And honestly it took months and months to get resolved. And required multiple people from IBM coming out. So I really hope you get it figured out!!

But here is a link to my old topics in the thread.(even though its a little off topic) Hope it can be of some assistance!

viewtopic.php?t=153569