Error while exporting the entire projects

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

So you specifically did an extract of one of those entries that had a special character in the path/filename and it worked?
Umeshkn1704
Participant

Post by Umeshkn1704 »

Hi Paul,
Yes, that's correct. If I enter the full path (path having _ in the name - Allied_Patch) along with job name (Job1.pjb) it is working fine and it also works fine if under the path there are ONLY pjb jobs. If the folder has sjb jobs, it doesn't work. If the folder name has wild card even at that time it is failing. I'm totally lost :cry:

Thanks for your support
Thanks
Umesh
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Underscore is not a problem. Try one with a space, quote, semi colon, double quote. If you have any of course.
Umeshkn1704
Participant

Post by Umeshkn1704 »

Hi Paul,
We really drilled down to one of the issue. If the folder name has space it is not working. Please see the below (Folder name is GL Premises)

Error msg

./istool export -domain server:9080 -username dsadmin -password pwd -archive "/tmp/testexport.isx" -datastage '-incexec -base "server/projv1" Jobs/BizTalk/Allied_Helath/GL Premises/extra/pxAllied_HLT_Xml_IN_010_test.pjb'

Beginning Export
[1/2] server/projv1/Jobs/BizTalk/Allied_Helath/GL failed
Invalid asset identifier: server/projv1/Jobs/BizTalk/Allied_Helath/GL. Cannot identify name and type.
[2/2] server/projv1/Premises/extra/pxAllied_HLT_Xml_IN_010_test.pjb failed
DataStageFolder not found: Premises
Elapsed time: 00:00:00
Exported 0 assets
Export failed
Thanks
Umesh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Creating directories on a UNIX system with spaces in their name is generally considered... silly. I assume you're going to either need to quote the pathname (same as you would when working with it from the command line) or use a wildcard in place of the space. Perhaps GL?Premises would work. [shrug]

:!: Please stop quoting everything all the time. Do it when it is appropriate but generally all you need to do is use the Reply to topic link so as not to repeat everything that was just said.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Umeshkn1704
Participant

Post by Umeshkn1704 »

Hi Chulett,
Thanks for your guidance. I would start using the reply to topic option whle responding.

If you see the earlier post, the project name doesnt have blank space. "GL Permises" is a folder under Jobs main folder(Jobs folder is where all the jobs are being saved in designer client . i.e, Datastage project -> Jobs -> Folder 1 -> SubFolder 1 - X.pjb, SubFolder 2- x.pjb, y.sjb...etc)

Project Name doesn't hav blank space in it... (projv1)

Can you please let me know if you know the fix.

./istool export -domain server:9080 -username dsadmin -password pwd -archive "/tmp/testexport.isx" -datastage '-incexec -base "server/projv1" Jobs/BizTalk/Allied_Helath/GL Premises/extra/pxAllied_HLT_Xml_IN_010_test.pjb'

In the above cmd, projv1 is the proj and Jobs Folder. JObs folder has another subfolder called Biztalk and this BizTalk folder has subfoler called Allied_Helath and it tunr has GL Premises.
Thanks
Umesh
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

If this is a dev box, rename the folder in the designer tool and change the space to be an underscore.

then try your export.