Changing port numbers in connection dropdown box

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

smleonard
Participant

Changing port numbers in connection dropdown box

Post by smleonard »

Hello,

When we first open Designer, Director, etc. we are given the "Attach to Project" window. Under "Host name of the services tier", we have the dropdown box where we have all of our previously used connections. I have three connections that all use the default port 9080. We recently updated security settings on our side and we now are using port 9443. I can manually type over the entries in the dropdown box for the server to use port 9443, however if I push the arrow to open the dropdown box, all entries remain as 9080. Is there a way to manipulate this list so that it stores the entry as 9443 rather than 9080 ? I figure it has to be stored somewhere, but hoping it's not in the registry (as we don't have access to modify that)

Any help is appreciated!
Sean
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Those are stored or cached in Windows registry. You can open the drop down, arrow up or down and hit the delete key to get rid of old/bad ones.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

Try updating registered-servers.xml configuration file on the client to resolve this issue.
Path for this file in 8x is typically C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\eclipse\plugins\com.ibm.isf.client\registered-servers.xml
Path has changed in 11x to C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\eclipse\plugins\com.ibm.iis.client\registered-servers.xml

See this post.
smleonard
Participant

Post by smleonard »

Updating the registered-servers.xml file is exactly what we needed - this solution worked perfectly. Thanks so much!

Sean
smleonard
Participant

Post by smleonard »

To be fair, I tried to delete the records as suggested from the dropdown box, and that solution would work too. Editing the xml file was nice because the records with port 9443 were already there - once we got rid of the port 9080 records, it allowed the 9443 records to show up automatically.

Thanks to both of you!
Sean