"dsjob: command not found" on Unix Server

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

IBMDS4KK
Participant

"dsjob: command not found" on Unix Server

Post by IBMDS4KK »

Hi Everyone,

I want to list out the datastage projects in a unix server and the jobs in each project. So I am using the below command:

Listing Out the Projects = "dsjob -lprojects"
Listing Out the jobs = "dsjob -ljobs project"

But, I got the error like "dsjob: command not found". And I have verified the operating system as well. It is SunOS.

Please help!!
Kiran Kumar

...ALL IS WELL...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

This means that the "dsjob" command is not in your session's PATH.

Most likely you haven't sourced your dsenv file.

Code: Select all

cd `cat /.dshome`
. .dsenv
If that doesn't do the trick, check your PATH environment value ("env | grep PATH") and it should contain an entry to {your install directory}/Server/DSEngine/bin

As a last resort, attach to root, do a "find . -name dsjob" and then use that path on your command line.
Last edited by ArndW on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
IBMDS4KK
Participant

Post by IBMDS4KK »

Thanks ArndW!!

I have tried what you suggested. But no luck. Please find below:

First Point : (No output after executing the command . ./dsenv)

$ cd `cat /.dshome`
$ pwd
$ /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine
$ . ./dsenv
$ 
Second Point : (I did not find "{your install directory}/Server/DSEngine/bin/dsjob" from the below output)

$ env | grep PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/lib/sparcv9/server:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/lib/sparcv9:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/lib/cpp:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/proxy/cpp/sunos-all-sparc_64:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/branded_odbc/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/bin:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/uvdlls:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/lib:/oracle/client/product/11.2.0.2/bin:/oracle/client/product/11.2.0.2/lib:/oracle/client/product/11.2.0.2/rdbms/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Projects/EDH/RT_BP86.O:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSParallel:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/user_lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Projects/EDH/buildop:/usr/lib:/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/lib/sparcv9/server:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/lib/sparcv9:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/lib/cpp:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/proxy/cpp/sunos-all-sparc_64:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/branded_odbc/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/bin:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/uvdlls:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/lib:/oracle/client/product/11.2.0.2/bin:/opt/mqm/lib64:/opt/mqm/bin
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/oracle/client/product/11.2.0.2/bin:/opt/mqm/bin
Third Point : At root location, I have executed the command "find . -name dsjob" but it stuck @last line which I have attached in code. Please find from below.

find: cannot read dir ./usr/lib/scn/lib: Permission denied
find: cannot read dir ./usr/lib/scn/bin: Permission denied
find: cannot read dir ./usr/lib/cc-cfw: Permission denied
find: cannot read dir ./usr/local/var/lib/sudo: Permission denied
find: cannot read dir ./usr/aset: Permission denied
Also, Please clarify what is Session's PATH?

Kindly help me. Thanks!!
Kiran Kumar

...ALL IS WELL...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The "find" result is odd, but perhaps on your OS you need to issue a "-print" option to output what it finds.

Regardless, the location is "/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin/dsjob" on your machine.
You can either specify the explicit path, or execute

export PATH=$PATH:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin
and then "dsjob" will be found and executed.
IBMDS4KK
Participant

Post by IBMDS4KK »

Working :D. Thanks ArndW!!
Kiran Kumar

...ALL IS WELL...