Errors only when running job using dsjob

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

babbu9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Errors only when running job using dsjob

Post by babbu9 »

Hi
I have designed a datastage job that ran fine without any warnings but when I run the same job through unix command line (dsjob) it is showing multiple warnings and aborting.

Warnings say that the a certain field value is null and the record is dropped.

why does this happen only when run through dsjob.

Also how do I make sure that a job is in runnable state before I start it through dsjob. I want the jobs to run irrespective of whether they ran successfully or not the last time.

Please inform.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Don't have any thoughts on the first question right now but the second about making sure a job is in a runnable state - how are your scripting skills? Typically one would build a 'wrapper' script to run any DataStage job and part of that would to be check the current status of the job using -jobinfo and then doing a RESET before the RUN if needed.

I believe there are a number of example scripts people have posted here over the years you could search for...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Presumably the file name, or part of it, is parameterised. Examine the job log to ensure that the parameter value is being passed correctly from the dsjob command.

Make sure, too, that you're comparing apples with apples; that both jobs are processing the same file. Verify how null handling is configured in the Sequential File stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.