Job sequence scenario

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vamsi_4a6
Participant

Job sequence scenario

Post by vamsi_4a6 »

I have 3 jobs A,B and c.If any of the two jobs are succesful among a,b and c i need to trigger Job D.All jobs a,b,c are independent jobs.As of now i am thinking four sequencers one for AB,BC,CA,ABC combination.I do not like this approach and can we do samething in different way
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Use the Nested Condition stage.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vamsi_4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi_4a6 »

nested condition can have one input trigger and typically has multiple output triggers.How to use this nested condition?You mean to say we have to write custom condition ?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes. Use a single Sequencer before it that all three funnel into and then write a custom condition. Another option would be a simple routine to count the number of successes and then trigger after that if it is > 1.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

vamsi_4a6 wrote:nested condition can have one input trigger and typically has multiple output triggers.How to use this nested condition?You mean to say we have to write custom condition ?
Yes, but they are fairly simple, being based on activity variables describing the exit status of jobs A, B and C. Just put those together with the appropriate logical operators to define the trigger that leads to job D.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vamsi_4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi_4a6 »

Joba

Jobb----------------->sequencer(any/all )----->nested condition------------>Jobd

Jobc

what i have to use for sequencer(any/all) and condition for nested condition?
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

you can check for job status of all upstream jobs in nested condition. Use unconditional triggers connected to sequencer (ALL) and check for job status for all 3 jobs in nested condition. You can put all permutation combination in the condition there.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
vamsi_4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi_4a6 »

what will happen if joba is aborted and jobb and jobc are success if we use sequencer with all?whether it will go to nested consition
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted, it will if you let it - hence the suggestion to use 'unconditional' triggers to the sequencer.
-craig

vamsi_4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi_4a6 »

let us say

joba is running
jobb is success

jobc is success

In that case also will it go to nested condition?If yes i did not convey the requirements properly from my side. all the three jobs should be in one of the two status (completed or aborted).Then only i need to check the condition in nested condition stage
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounds like you need to brush up on how the sequencer works. Set it to "All".
-craig