The DB2 Library could not be loaded

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

No mistake on your installation.

You just haven't done the post installation steps necessary to enable database access from the engine computer.

The engine computer is a database client. You will need to install and configure a DB2 client instance to use the DB2 Connector to connect to DB2 databases.

When you use the included DB2 database for the metadata repository, you get a full DB2 data server and client installed on the repository computer only.

In lieu of installing a DB2 client instance on your engine computer, you could set up an ODBC DSN for your XMETA database and use the ODBC Connector.

Mike
ecclesr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ecclesr »

Thank you Mike and everyone else for your advice.

You have pointed out my oversight. once I had decided on a multi server topology, that I would need consider a db2 client / db2 catalog / dsenv configuration if we wanted to use the DB2 connector stage, even if it was to access the installation repository (which is where the confusion started) - thank you for point it out.

I realised yesterday my second option, given that in our normal work we will not be using DB2, setting up ODBC DSN connection was also workable option for the instances we need to query xmeta (db2)