Numerous backslashes in dsx export

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Klaus Schaefer
Participant

Numerous backslashes in dsx export

Post by Klaus Schaefer »

Hi there,

has someone ever experienced that a dsx-export may contain numerous (thousands!!) of backslashes - one after the other. This seems to happen with server jobs that contain an ORACLE connector stage only. I cannot verify this exactly, but most of our jobs are parallel jobs and the server jobs - very simple jobs - are used for "framework" tasks only.

The number of backslashes seems to increase from one export to another. Since we are doing some analysis on the dsx-file this is very annoying. Has anyone experienced this behaviour and knows how we can get rid of it (and when and why it happens)?

Klaus
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello Klaus (long time no see...)

I've had the exact same problem at two different sites, and had no help from IBM but I edited out the backslashes in an export file (using an editor macro), re-imported the jobs; after that the problem was gone for a while. In my case we noticed how the export files suddenly were megabytes large rather then the expected couple of kilobytes.
Klaus Schaefer
Participant

Post by Klaus Schaefer »

Thanks Arnd,

I thought at least you must have seen this... :)
We will try this way. I is really annoying...

Yes, long time no see - are you back to Germany?

Best regards
Klaus
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

Extra back-slashes are due to using the Connector migration tool and a bug in 9.1.

JR49320 patch addresses the problem that causes extra backslashes, but doesn't fix bad entries in repository.

In order to fix bad entries from the repository, a script using DStageWrapper.sh would have to be created. Contact your support provider to get the patch and instructions on cleaning up repository.
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

On second thoughts, it will be better to install REST API Rollup Patch v2 rather than patch JR49320. It is available on Fix Central.

Script that we had used, to fix the repository is given below:

Code: Select all

# Generate list of jobs that use the XMLConnectorDescriptor
#     Expected output format: HOSTNAME:ProjectName <FolderPath> <JobName>
./DStageWrapper.sh -domain localhost -user isadmin -password XXXXX -query "select distinct y.DSNameSpace, y.Category,y.name from x in DSParameterVal,y in DSJobDef where x.parameterName = 'XMLConnectorDescriptor' and x._xmeta_lockingRoot = rid(y)"

# Generate file /tmp/command.txt to delete DSParameterVal objects
#     Expected output format: -delete <object class name> <object rid>
./DStageWrapper.sh -domain localhost -user isadmin -password XXXXX -query "select class(x), rid(x) from x in DSParameterVal,y in DSJobDef where x.parameterName = 'XMLConnectorDescriptor' and x._xmeta_lockingRoot = rid(y)"|grep -v returned |sed -e 's/^/-delete /'>/tmp/commands.txt

# Delete DSParameterVal objects.
./DStageWrapper.sh -domain localhost -user isadmin -password XXXXX -file /tmp/commands.txt
Before running the above mentioned script, backup impacted jobs or the entire project. However if the property values are already grossly inflated, then this may not be easy. (Hint: Try ISX backup, if DSX backup attempt fails.)