Warning "The current job run does not have the same par

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vibwipro
Participant

Warning "The current job run does not have the same par

Post by vibwipro »

Hi All,

In one of master sequence i have 6 Sub sequence.

Some time when sub sequence fails and get restarted it is throwing a warning "The current job run does not have the same parameters as its checkpoint record."

This warning goes off when i re run master sequence.

Could any one please suggest me what corrective step to stop this warning message.

Will it works if i check "Do not checkpoint run" , because i do not require a check point. for every run sequence should get fresh start.

Thanks.
vibwipro
Participant

Post by vibwipro »

I tried to re execute with "Do not checkpoint run" gain it thrown warning "The current job run does not have the same parameters as its checkpoint record."

What is best way to remove this warning from Logs.
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

This warning is pretty straight forward. It's just telling you that the restart run is using different parameter values than the original run. The first entry of a job log will tell you what parameter values are being used in a run.

To eliminate the warning make sure the restart run uses the same values as the original run.

Mike
vibwipro
Participant

Post by vibwipro »

Thx Mike.

My issue got resolved i have checked "Add checkpoints so sequence is restartable of failure" in sub sequence which was causing this warning.

This is one of sub sequence and where Parameter value will get change because it has timestamp. It will get change with every execution.