Can we install and Run V11.3 along with V8.1 in same server

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DatastageCoEUser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Can we install and Run V11.3 along with V8.1 in same server

Post by DatastageCoEUser »

Hi,

we want to Install and run Datastage V11.3 in the same server, where Datastage V8.1 is running.

Is it possible to run these two version in the same server? we want to run old projects in V8.1 and develop new project in V11.3.

Pls share any relavent information or prior experience.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You will need to check your 8.1 installation documentation to determine whether your particular version is tolerant of "itag" installations. If it is, then the answer to your question is "yes". I suspect, however, that 8.1 needs to be standalone.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I would advise against it, even if it was supported, unless security is not a concern. Your new version would end up with non-default port numbers. I have experienced security issues when using non-default port numbers on 8.7. One of the issues was fixed in a future release while the other was not.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

And let us not forget that IBM has coded ". `cat /.dshome`/dsenv" into some of their scripts. Soooo... that makes co-locating versions a tad difficult.

Grid Enablement Toolkit has many refferences to /.dshome.