Workload management queue

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kandyshandy
Participant

Workload management queue

Post by kandyshandy »

When i try to run a job from designer or director, i see an option "workload management -> queue". I could see the same option when i try to run it from Operations console.

I believe dsjob -queue could be used to specify from command line. Good so far....

If i create a sequence with 20 jobs in it, how/where do i specify queue priority for each? I don't see an option when i open the "job activity" stage in a sequence.

Also, is it possible to define priority for all jobs in a project through operations console, like a one-time setup?
Kandy
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

A default queue can be set per project from within Administrator, project properties.

I think it would make sense for a sequence job to select a queue at run-time, which would apply to the entire sequence. If you were allowed to pick different queues for each job within a sequence, then I think it would lead to significant chaos and delays. Perhaps the setting choices are as they are in order to protect you from yourself! :wink:
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

Thanks Eric. This is my thought. Sequence is just a native batch creation tool and it should have all features like command like batch execution & any 3rd party batch execution tool.

Hope IBM introduces this option in the near future. Can anyone check 11.3 version and let me know if queue option pops up in job activitiy stage?
Kandy
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I do not see any fields for job queue in the 11.3.x job activity stage.

If you have a need for such a feature, then document it on IBM's RFE site (Request for Enhancement). I don't have a link handy, but searching on "IBM RFE" should get you there.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius